My 3 Favorite Tools For Reducing Stress
In today’s modern, fast-paced society it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically, however, stress has a very real impact on your fertility and is not a good thing for our bodies in general. This video was shared live on Periscope! Download the Periscope App to get notifications of my live broadcasts!
Let me share with you my go-to, stress-reducing tools…
1. Aromatherapy: I love to use essential oils because they work so quickly and they really work well on the emotions. When I am stressed out, strong emotions always come along with that.
My go-to essential oils for stress are:
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – There are so many studies that show lavender helps to reduce stress, anxiety, mild depression… a lot of different things that are happening with stress and in our minds. It’s simple and inexpensive.
- Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides) – It is really grounding, helping you to come out of the clouds and come back down to earth. It is a very strong and resinous oil, just one drop is needed.
Make sure to choose a high quality brand that is therapeutic and that it has been tested to make sure it contains nothing that is synthetic.
2. Herbs: I am an herbalist and I love herbs! I like to work with adaptogenic herbs, because they help to strengthen and support the nervous system. Adaptogenic herbs have been shown in studies and through traditional use to help calm the brain and nervous system. These herbs can help if you:
- are an over-thinker (fight constant/excess thoughts)
- are thinking about the future or past often
- suffer from a lot of worry
My go-to herbs/herbal formula:
- Calm Mind Daily Tonic
- Tulsi/Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum)
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea)
- Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri)
- St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
3. EFT – Emotional Freedom Technique: It is my go-to for when I am really riled up. If I do not have my essential oils or my herbs with me, I can use EFT. Especially if it is something that just happened and I am emotionally charged. It will take me down a few notches.
You can reduce your stress!
The beauty of these tools is that you can use all of them and overlap them, or choose whichever things appeal to you in the moment. I hope that you found my stress-reducing tips useful. If you find yourself in a stressful situation, remember that within your stress toolbox you have something on hand when you need it.