Are you looking for a simple guide to begin your Natural Fertility Plan? Then this is it! The first 3 tips are your foundation, not only for your fertility, but your overall health! The last 2 pertain to you achieving and sticking to your goals.
1. DietWhat you eat everyday makes up every cell in your body, including eggs and sperm. These are the very beginnings of your future child. Think about what you eat daily? How about fast foods, processed packaged foods, candy, soda pop, ect.? If you are eating these types of foods (if you want to call them that), they are what your body is relying on to maintain itself. Eating a whole food nutrient dense diet is best. What does this mean? It means trying to eat foods in their most natural state. Why does this matter? Well, processed packaged foods are usually filled with what we refer to as anti-nutrients including preservatives, dyes, synthetic ingredients, fillers, hydrogenated oils, too much sodium, soy, GMO, and too much sugar. These types of anti-nutrients are negative for health and may have a negative effects on your health and fertility.
Examples of Whole Foods:
- -Dried beans you make yourself vs. canned beans.
-Homemade organic leftover meat vs. deli meats.
-Raw, lightly steamed, or lightly sauteed veggies/fruit vs. canned. Frozen is a better option than canned, but raw is still best.
-Raw dairy products vs. pasteurized and homogenized dairy products.
-Fresh vegetable/fruit juices vs. concentrated and pasteurized juice.
-Whole grains vs. pastas and breads.
Switch to eating a whole food Fertility Diet today!
We have excellent resources to help you eat right for optimum fertility…
The Natural Fertility Diet – How to Eat Healthy for Optimal Fertility
The Male Fertility Diet
21 Day Fertility Diet Challenge (a great way to get started on the Fertility Diet)
Fertility Smoothies for Optimal Health
Do You Know How to Eat for Fertility? Here are My Top 10 Fertility Diet Tips…
2. ExerciseThere are very important reasons why exercise helps to keep us healthy fertile beings. Regular exercise strengthens our muscles, builds stamina, may increase flexibility, increases circulation, keeps stress, depression and anxiety at bay, and promotes regular detoxification of excess hormones and toxins in the body. It is important to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week. Make sure that the exercise you choose to do promotes sweat. Sweating is not only the body’s way to cool itself off, it is it’s way to naturally detoxify daily. All of this is very important for healthy hormonal balance and circulation to the reproductive organs. Regular exercise also is beneficial for preparing the body for the hard work of childbirth.
Ideas for Exercise:
3. Positive Lifestyle ChoicesYour lifestyle choices greatly impact your physical, emotional, spiritual and mental wellbeing. Consider the following questions…
- -Do you have a spiritual or religious practice?
-Do you drink alcohol regularly?
-Do you smoke cigarettes?
-Do you ask for help when you need it?
-What is your relationship with food and are you obese?
-What is your relationship with your partner like?
-Are there any bad habits you may have that are impacting your fertility or overall wellbeing?
-Do you take time for yourself each day, a time that is just for you that is positive for your life?
-What are some ways you can think of that will create positivity in your life?
Lifestyle choices are very important to your overall wellbeing. We want you to be healthy, happy and fertile in all aspects of your life. If you can, little by little replace negative lifestyle choices for positive ones. Once positive choices become habit you are more likely to succeed with your fertility plan!
Make a list of healthy, positive activities you enjoy. Think of how you can replace old, negative patterns in your life with one of those positive activities. Then begin at least one of those today! Just try, commit, you can do it!
4. Lay Out a PlanWe provide hundreds of articles on this site, they are full of information on increasing fertility naturally. While this is a wonderful resource, it may sometimes feel overwhelming. One of the most beneficial things you can do for yourself it to write down a month by month plan for yourself. Write down each natural therapy, herb and supplement you are interested in. Include your overall goal for your fertility. For example, perhaps you would only like to heal a fertility issue, but not get pregnant, or perhaps you would like to heal a fertility issue and get pregnant. Do not forget your happiness in this overall goal. Be realistic with your approach. Remember it is best to prepare for pregnancy and/or work to heal your fertility issues for 3 to 6 months. Include diet, exercise and lifestyle changes that you need to change as well. Once you have everything listed, review each item, how long does it need to be done and in what part of your cycle. Do you need to chart your cycle to help you stick to your plan? Include that in your plan as well. Now, write down each thing you need to do for month 1, then month 2 and so on. Hang this somewhere where you can see it each day. Keep a journal of your progress, note changes, adjust your plan as needed.
Don’t worry, if you still feel overwhelmed we can help you to lay out a plan, based on your unique needs through our Natural Fertility Consultations.