Video: 7 Fertility Myths True Or False

Video: 7 Fertility Myths True Or False

7 Fertility Myths True Or False

There are many fertility myths on the topics of ovulation, timing intercourse and charting that have been repeated so often that we readily believe them. Natural Fertility Company Founder Hethir Rodriguez debunks these myths and explains why. This video was shared live on Periscope! Download the Periscope App to get notifications of my live broadcasts!

Q 1: You can only get pregnant one or two days a month.

A: False. There are six days of the menstrual cycle that a woman could possibly get pregnant. This is called the fertile window. Because a female egg lives 12-24 hours after ovulation and sperm lives up to five days in the female reproductive system, you can have baby-making sex up to three days prior to and day of ovulation, even the day after, and conception is possible (if you also have healthy cervical mucous and healthy fertility).

Q 2: Waking basal body temperature alone will let you know when you are most fertile.

A: False. Your waking basal body temperature is important, but when you are fertility charting, by the time you get the dip or rise on your chart, you have already ovulated. That means ovulation happened yesterday. You will want to pay attention other signs of ovulation like changes in cervical mucus.

Q 3: Women can ovulate twice in the same cycle.

A: Mostly false. In about 10% of cycles, meaning about 1-2 cycles out of the year, you may ovulate twice, but it is going to be within a 24 hour period. Some people think they can ovulate on week two of their menstrual cycle for example and then again on week three, but that is not actually possible.

Q 4: Your diet does not have an impact on your fertility.

A: False. Diet makes a huge difference and is one of the most powerful tools you have for your fertility. We have compiled 25 of our best Fertility Diet articles to help you learn the best diet tips to boost your fertility and optimize your chance of healthy conception in our guide Boost Fertility Health with the Fertility Diet & Fertility Superfoods.

Q 5: You should have sex as much as possible to increase your odds of conception.

A: True. This depends on male fertility. If the male has a normal sperm count, you can have sex every day. If low sperm count is an issue, you will want to have sex every other day and only once that day. There have been studies showing that having sex more than once per day during your fertile window can actually reduce sperm production.

Q 6: If you have a regular menstrual cycle (every 28 days, 4-5 day period) you will not have any problems getting pregnant.

A: False. There might still be some underlying fertility health issues even with a regular cycle, especially if you have been trying to conceive and nothing is happening. Luteal phase defect (LPD) is a common fertility-health issue (there may be others) that people do not know about because there are few signs/symptoms of it. LPD happens when the period of time from ovulation until menstruation is too short (less than 12 days).

Q 7: Infertility is a woman’s issue.

A: False. This is a myth that is underlying in our culture. Fertility issues are equal! There is a 40% chance that a fertility health issue issue resides with the woman, a 40% chance that it is due to male factor infertility, and a 20% chance where something is going on with both the male and female. Sperm health is as equally important as egg health because both of these cells equally provide the DNA that will make up your future child.

Join Hethir Live Daily on Periscope!

Related Articles

Comments

Let your voice be heard... Leave a brief comment or question related to this article.

Current day month [email protected] *

 characters available