If you were to ask me what my favorite food was (and it happened to be summer) I would say without a doubt, MANGOES! Being from an island and growing up with tropical fruits, this one has stuck with me as my favorite food. When in season I eat a couple a day. Another great thing about mangoes is that they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Here is my fertility smoothie version of the wonderful mango lassi from India.
1 Mango (fresh or frozen)
1/4 Cup Yogurt
1 teaspoon Fertilica Maca powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Cardamon
1 handful Spinach
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
-Place all ingredients in to a blender and blend. Add water as needed for correct consistency. If you like it sweeter add a date.
What makes this a “Fertility Smoothie”?
The Maca powder is a great fertility superfood we are including in all of our smoothies (taking it over a period of time is best). The sesame seeds are a healthy source of calcium, as well as protein. The spinach is packed with minerals and nutrients. This smoothie provided vitamins, minerals, protein, enzymes, and so much more. And even though it is light green, it tastes fantastic.
Question of the day: What was your favorite fruit growing up?
- Top 5 Fertility Foods For Fall
- Video: One Of The Most Important Things To Eat For Fertility
- Success Story: Milissa Focuses on Natural Ways to Prevent Another Miscarriage & Conceives
- Fertility Health: Clearing Up Confusion About Turmeric As Birth Control
- Video: Fertility Q&A – Low Progesterone, Miscarriage & Egg Health