If you haven’t already taken a few minutes to take our Do You Know Your Egg Health IQ?, please click that link to do so. It is my hope that the quiz will help you understand the importance of supporting ovarian and egg health naturally with fertility superfoods, nutritional supplements, and natural therapies prior to conception.
As women wait to begin trying to conceive and naturally age, so do their eggs. Poor egg quality is believed to be a common cause of infertility related to age, recurrent miscarriage, failed IVF, and infertility due to PCOS. Given we know this, it is imperative to work to keep the remaining eggs you have healthy, whenever you choose to begin trying to conceive.
The key time frame to work to improve egg health starts 90 days before ovulation. During this time the eggs are changing rapidly, growing quickly, and are most susceptible to your lifestyle and the nutrients from your diet. 90 days before ovulation is the time to commit to and consistently follow a:
1. Fertility Diet: How you eat during the 90-day window prior to ovulation can improve egg quality. Fertility superfoods – like Maca (Lepidium meyenii) and Royal Jelly – are known to have a significant, positive impact on egg quality. Do omit caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, sugar, trans fats, processed foods, which are all known to damage egg health during this critical phase of rapid development.
2. Healthy lifestyle: Many toxins, that we often refer to as xenohormones, negatively impact or damage overall health, as well as egg quality. I’ve listed a few of the sources of toxins just above, but want you to know that many conventional body care products, household products, and plastics, have the potential to directly impact the health of cells, including female eggs.
3. Daily exercise routine: Exercise oxygenates the blood and increases circulation throughout the body, even to the ovaries. Exercise gives your whole body, its cells included, energy and helps relieve stress!
4. Natural therapy program: Fertility Massage and Castor Oil Therapy are two high impact, low-cost natural therapies to support the vitality of the reproductive organs, including the ovaries. The health of the ovaries is necessary for healthy ovulation and egg health.
5. Nutritional supplement regime: When naturally supporting improved egg quality, additional help from nutritional supplements is worth considering. There is substantial evidence that antioxidants from fresh, organic whole foods, or antioxidant blends and CoQ10, along with fertility superfoods are directly impactful of egg health. We are finding that Inositol may be as well.
To learn more about the superfoods and nutritional supplements touched on above, see the FertilicaTM OvaWise Egg Health Kit.
Know that you must not rely on supplements alone, so you will want to absorb all of the information shared in our guide How to Increase Your Egg Health in 90 Days.
Supporting egg health is by and large beneficial for overall good health and vitality. It is not breaking news that diet and exercise are cornerstones to feeling well, fighting disease, maintaining energy levels and combatting the effects of aging, including the health of the female eggs (sperm too) that age with you. Fertility superfoods, nutritional supplements and natural therapies can improve the health of both your eggs and ovaries, with the hope and goal of improving your chances of conceiving naturally and carrying a healthy pregnancy.
You can make improving egg quality a focal point of your natural preconception fertility health program (at any age really)… and should!