Fertility Tips - Healthy Digestion for Fertility
Digestive health is important for optimal health and overall fertility wellness. Find out how to begin supporting your digestive health today. This is a tip important for anyone, male or female, who is trying to conceive. This video was shared live on Periscope! Download the Periscope App to get notifications of my live broadcasts!
The main areas to focus on when preparing for conception are:
– eating a clean Fertility Diet
– taking herbs and supplements
– using mind/body therapies to reduce stress
– practicing natural therapies to improve circulation
What is important to understand is that the body is only able to benefit from improving each of these areas if you have a healthy digestive system. If you have poor digestion, you won’t be absorbing nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals from the nutritious foods you’ve been eating, or the supplements you’ve been taking.
Think about your digestion. How can you answer these question, “I ate and now…
- how do I feel? (energized, nourished, tired, bloated, etc.)
- do I have gas?
- how many times have I gone to the bathroom today?
The goal in eating healthy and taking supplements each day is to flood the blood with nutrients to supply eggs and sperm with the material they need, the healthiest DNA possible, to pass on to become your future child.
Steps to focus on to increase digestion:
1. Eating whole foods. Whole foods provide fiber, are generally alkaline and eliminate consumption of mostly processed foods.
2. Chew your food. Chewing stimulates digestive enzymes starting in the mount and breaks down food to help digestion.
3. Eat fiber. Fiber helps the body to eliminate excess hormones, supports digestion and feeds probiotic bacteria (the good bacteria in the gut).
4. Take a probiotic. Probiotics are the good bacteria in the digestive tract that help the body help keep it and the whole body healthy.
5. Use herbal bitters. Bitters taken before, during or after a meal stimulate the digestive system, enzymes and bile, the fluids we need to properly digest our food.
Resources mentioned in this video:
Fertilica DIM Complete
Urban Moonshine (bitters)