Eating a fertility diet in preparation for pregnancy and to boost fertility is one of the most powerful health changes you can make. Numerous studies have shown that specific changes to the diet can improve fertility. Below are 9 easy steps to get you started…
1. Eat one large salad a day
Fiber helps to cleanse excess estrogen from the body. We also get most of our minerals from green, leafy vegetables.
2. Drink a fertility smoothie a couple of times a week
Fertility Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 C. Frozen Fruit (I love mangoes, cherries, strawberries and blueberries)
- Liquid of choice (fresh squeezed juice or rice milk)
- 1 scoop Fertilica FertiliWhey Protein Powder or Fertilica Plant Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp. flax Oil or Primrose Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fertilica Maca powder
- 1 serving Fertilica FertiliGreens
- Blend and enjoy!
A smoothie is one of the easiest ways to get fertility superfoods into your diet.
Maca: Maca has been proven to increase fertility, balance hormones, and enhance libido.
Spirulina: A super green food that has tons of iron, chlorophyll, and protein, it is detoxifying and
Whey Protein: Whole whey protein to nourish the body and create a balanced meal.
3. Eat organic greens with both lunch and dinner
Conventional produce contains harmful herbicides and pesticides, which have been shown to negatively affect both male and female fertility. The fiber that is found in dark greens such as broccoli is important for helping the body to get rid of excess hormones and helps to keep the blood sugar balanced.
4. No dairy unless it is organic.
Dairy that is not organic contains added hormones and antibiotics, which can contribute to increased estrogen levels in the body. Also keep dairy products to a minimum because of their congesting nature.
5. Drink a fresh vegetable juice (4-8oz)
An easy way to get lots of vitamins and minerals every day.
6. Eat lots of fiber
Fiber cleanses excess estrogen out of the body; broccoli is the best for this but any
dark leafy greens will do. Dark greens supply the body with amazing minerals, cleansing fiber, and blood building chlorophyll.
7. Drink lots of water
Water is a big part of this cleanse; drink at least 2 quarts of fresh, purified, clean water daily.
8. Be present while you eat
During this cleanse take time to eat your meals while sitting in a quiet environment. Chew each bite as if it were your first bite of food ever.
Really be present with where that food came from, what the view that food had from where it grew, what the farmer is like who picked it, and how far has it traveled to get to your table.
You are what you eat!
Watch The Introduction to the 21 Day Fertility Diet Challenge
- Learn how to transition to a natural fertility diet by focusing on the important 5
- Get all the details on how to use nutrition as a tool for hormonal health, cell protection and fertility wellness
- An effective tool to help your tastebuds transition towards healthier foods
- Learn which foods are most important for fertility and how to regularly eat them
For a complete overview of the benefits of the Fertility Diet, please visit our guide The Natural Fertility Diet: How to Eat for Optimal Fertility.