I love your site so much. Been TTC for two years. I am vegetarian, and wonder if any of your fertility diet has any substitution suggestions? Even if not, this is a terrific site, and I want to thank you, and wish I could offer some web site assistance in some way. Thanks again!
Hethir’s Answer :
Thank you for your kind comments about the site. It is my passion and I love what I do, to know I am helping others is why I do this.
I am so glad you asked this question.
There are some substitutions you can make. In place of the meats and fish, eat lentils, edamame, tempeh, chicken (ha ha just joking, when I was a veg for years my family would think chicken was vegetarian 🙂 ), sprouted nuts and grains, whey protein powder, eggs and raw dairy products.
I must say two things, and I may ruffle some feathers out there but I have to speak my truth:
I would personally never eat processed soy products such as: soy milk, soy dogs, soy meats, soy ice cream, soy protein powder, soy bacon. They are so processed and contain hormone simulating ingredients.
Also make sure you are getting enough fats (necessary for hormone production) in your diet. You can get these from avocados, nuts, dairy products, and flax seed oil.
- Fertility Recipe: Immune Tonic Soup
- Success Story: With Focus on Preconception Health, Kara Conceives Her 8th Child
- Fertility Q&A: Can I use whey protein powder if I have PCOS?
- Video: Fertility Tips – Healthy Digestion for Fertility
- Fertility Q&A: Why Do Women Flock To Chocolate During Their Period?