A turmeric latte made with womb-warming herbs is a healthy and satisfying alternative to your morning hot tea or coffee. It can also be a warming pick-me-up on a chilly evening. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich herb, making it beneficial for women with painful fertility issues or poor egg health. Turmeric isn’t the most pleasant tasting herb on its own, but when combined with other delicious, warming herbs, it becomes an easy way to utilize its health benefits.
Makes three 8 ounce servings of tea (base for the latte)
Makes three 16 ounce Turmeric Lattes, once the milk is added
2 teaspoons ground turmeric or 6 teaspoons (2 Tbsp) freshly grated turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 cinnamon stick*
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
5 cracked cardamom pods
3-5 whole cloves
a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Nut, seed or coconut milk (organic or raw milk or cream is fine too if you wish)
Sweetener of choice
- To Brew Tea– place 3 cups (24 ounces) water and all the spices in a non-reactive stainless steel or ceramic pot, bring to a gentle rolling boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine strainer or cheesecloth lined strainer.
- When cooled a bit (no longer steaming), add 1 cup of fresh homemade almond milk or coconut milk to 1 cup of the tea and then add a sweetener of your choice like real maple syrup, 1 teaspoon local raw honey, Active Bee Power Royal Jelly** (either are my personal choice) or stevia.
- Blend the tea, milk and sweetener in a blender for several minutes until frothy (Please don’t blend the mixture when steaming hot!).
- Pour in your favorite mug and enjoy! Refrigerate the rest for later!
*Ground cinnamon should not be substituted for a cinnamon stick. It becomes mucilaginous and bitter when cooked making this tea gritty and hard to strain.
**Do not add raw honey or Active Bee Power Royal Jelly to hot or boiling liquid. Do not use if you have a known bee allergy.
- Video: FSH Levels & Fertility – What You Need To Know
- What Does It Mean For Fertility Health To Have A Thick Uterine Lining?
- Fertility Diet: Tips and Tricks
- Viktoriya Achieves Her Dream After Drastic Lifestyle Changes With PCOS
- Feel Like You Get Your Period Too Often? Restore Menstrual Cycle Balance