Video: Benefits of Fertility Yoga
Fertility yoga uses specific body poses, breathing techniques and guided imagery to help strengthen the reproductive organs, help the body to be in proper alignment (essential for proper positioning of the reproductive organs, especially the uterus), prepare the entire body for the hard work of carrying a baby, as well as labor and birth, supports the hormonal feedback loop, greatly helps to reduce stress, and helps you to focus on manifesting healing and getting pregnant. Fertility yoga is also beneficial for men. Through this practice you work to tone and stretch the muscles, focus breathing, and clear the mind. It is one of the best overall exercises and stress reduction techniques for both men and women! This make it ideal as an exercise practice partners can do together.
Ways Fertility Yoga is beneficial for healing and pregnancy preparation:
- “Resets” your endocrine system and balances your hormones
- May help to clear adhesions and blockages in the reproductive areas
- Increases circulation to the reproductive organs
- Supports a healthy immune system and supports the body in detoxifying
- Brings peace and vitality to your conception journey
- Creates an environment of clarity and self exploration
We have had quite a few people write in and say that they really want to make fertility yoga a habit, but are having a hard time doing the poses in the ‘Bend, Breathe, and Conceive DVD‘ since that DVD is a little more advanced. Because of this we have decided to carry another fertility yoga DVD called ‘Pulling Down the Moon -Yoga Practices for Fertility‘. We now carry 3 Fertility Yoga programs. Below is a quick guide to each individual program. One is not better than the other, they are just a little bit different and may suit a person’s unique needs in different ways. It may be that you end up using more than one of them, combining and making the fertility yoga practices individualized over time.
Pulling Down the Moon – Yoga Practices for Fertility
This fertility yoga practice was created by two women who have both had fertility struggles. This makes this DVD unique. Because they have been down the same road many of you have, they focus the practice on areas they feel were most helpful for them in working toward success, healing and stress management. The entire practice gives you the feeling you are in a yoga class; with real people doing the same practice along side of you.
This practice focuses on…
- Breathing Technique: The entire beginning of the practice teaches you proper breathing techniques.
- Postures: The actual physical poses are explained well and shown in plenty of time for you to get into the pose. More difficult poses have a great pop-out screen of how to use yoga props for support. The practice shows you real people learning in a group yoga instruction setting. Each pose is shown clearly and explained well. This practice is a bit slower paced and easy for beginners.
- Visualization: There are two guided meditations at the end of the practice. This is a great way to support healing stress management, as well instilling the power of positive thinking to your fertility journey.
- Pose support: The end of the DVD has a primer on how to use yoga props. These include straps, pillows, blocks, and the wall. Props are an essential tool for beginners. Props allow you to support each pose without strain or injury. When you are beginning any yoga practice you may need props.
This Fertility Yoga practice without the breath work teachings, the visualization or support primer lasts for about 50 minutes. Click here to learn more about this Fertility DVD…
The Fertility Yoga Program – eBook
This eBook was created by our lovely founder: Hethir Rodriguez! This is a great tool for those of you who are looking to have a great fertility yoga practice, but like to go at your own pace, mix up the poses and practice a bit, don’t have time to watch a DVD, or are on a budget! This is also a wonderful choice for women and men who would like to do some quick poses at work during a work or lunch break!!! This eBook has easy step-by-step instructions on each pose along side beautiful images of how to do each pose. This practice also features inspiring quotes to set your mood in a positive direction.
This practice focuses on…
- Yoga Overview: Provides a great quick guide on the benefits of a daily Fertility Yoga practice, tips on getting started, and tools to begin.
- Poses: The main focus of this Fertility Yoga program is on the poses. Because it is a still format you can take as much time with each pose as you would like. This helps you to get to know and practice each pose at your own pace. It also allows you to make up your own practice as you would like once you become familiar with each pose.
- Inspirational Quotes: To help you stay positive and hopeful on your fertility journey!
- Quick Reference Guide: At the end of the eBook is an entire page of all the poses. This is great once you have the practice down. You can scroll to this page and all the poses are there for you to follow easily! Click here to learn more about this yoga eBook…
Bend, Breathe, and Conceive: Fertility Yoga
- How Stress Impacts Fertility: The beginning of this practice has Anna explaining in great detail how stress physiology impacts fertility. If you are a person who has a lot of stress, and have been looking for insight and guidance on how to manage that aspect of your life; this DVD is for you!
- Quick Guide to Props: This is a quick overview of yoga props you should have on hand to support the poses if necessary.
- Breathing Technique: Learn important breathing techniques to ground and guide your practice. I love how this entire yoga practice has the sound of consistent, proper breathing throughout. This can help to remind you that your breath is the foundation of your practice.
- Mudras: Mudras are special ways to hold your hands. Each mudra has a unique meaning to help protect, honor and guide your practice.
- The Practice: This practice lasts for just over an hour, with beautiful scenery. Anna is a skilled instructor with a calm voice. She is a wonderful guide through each pose. Pop-out screens are provided to help you see what the pose will look like if you need to use a prop. Because she has practiced yoga for many years her poses are very skilled. If you cannot get your body to look or do the pose exactly like she is doing them, do only what you can. Do not strain your body, follow her guide to using props where appropriate! Overall this is a very thorough Fertility Yoga practice. Click here to learn more about this yoga DVD…
Beginning a Fertility Yoga Practice
As with any new exercise program it can be difficult to get into a routine. It can be a bit straining on your body and time management skills. As we all know, diet and exercise are the foundation for good health. So learning a new exercise practice may seem tough at first, but if you are consistent with it your will see huge changes in your health over time. Remember to get 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 times a week. Fertility Yoga is one of the best ways to support reproductive health, reduce stress in your life and prepare for pregnancy. Do not be hard on yourself if your poses are not identical to the instructor. Over time, with practice your strength, flexibility and balance will improve dramatically! It may be best to begin this practice at your own pace. Begin by doing Fertility Yoga 2-3 times a week, increase to 5 times a week if you would like.
Please let us know if you already use fertility yoga for your natural fertility healing program! Do you have tips for others who are interested? Please share your thoughts, tips for a great practice, and what makes you love fertility yoga!