How to Survive the Two Week Wait
The two week wait is the time just after you have tried to get pregnant and when your next period is supposed to begin. It is a time when it is still too early to detect pregnancy; you may or may not be pregnant. That is what is worrisome and stressful – the not knowing if you are pregnant or not. Fortunately, there are things you can focus on during this time that can help keep your mind off of the “what ifs”. Below are my notes from the live video recording I did on Periscope. Download the Periscope App to get notifications of my live broadcasts!
What to Focus on During the Two Week Wait
Eat to support a healthy uterine lining
- fiber – helps with estrogen metabolism
- folate rich foods – dark leafy greens, nuts and seeds, lentils
- superfoods to support hormonal balance – Maca, goji berries, coconut oil
- protein rich foods – help to build and maintain a healthy uterine lining, here are some examples: beans, hemp seeds, organic lean meats
- eat pineapple core – the core of the pineapple is a rich source of the enzyme, bromelain. It’s anti-inflammatory and blood thinning properties are known to increase circulation, including the circulation to the uterus.
- How to Eat Pineapple During the Two Week Wait
To support implantation, beginning on the day of ovulation, eat 1/5 of a fresh pineapple core. Eat 1/5 of the fresh pineapple core over 5 days total, each cycle you are trying to conceive. Only the core of the pineapple will do. While the flesh is so tasty, it is the core that is packed full of bromelain.
Support and Calm the Uterus for Implantation
Focus on this:
- tone uterine muscles
- relax uterine muscles
- relax the nervous system
- decrease inflammation
Herbs that are the best for this:
- Cramp bark (Viburnum opulus)
- Black Haw (Viburnum prunifolium)
- Partridgeberry (Mitchella repens)
- Oat tops also known as Milky Oats (Avena sativa)
All of these herbs can be found in the herbal formula I created called UteriCalm.
What to Avoid
- Self Fertility Massage
- Castor oil packs
- Herbs – most are fine during the two week wait, discontinue herbs once pregnancy is confirmed
- Fertility Cleansing – we do not recommend trying to conceive while cleansing
- Obsessing about the “what ifs” – try not to get too obsessive about whether or not you are pregnant; try to take your mind off of it and find something to do to distract yourself: go on a trip, do a mind body program, learn a new hobby, etc.
Resources discussed in this video:
Circle + Bloom Fertility Mind & Body Program
Six Things You Should Be Doing During the Two Week Wait
- Fertility Herb Guide: Absent Period & Lack Of Menstruation
- Fertility Recipe: Immune Tonic Soup
- Success Story: With Focus on Preconception Health, Kara Conceives Her 8th Child
- Success Story: Natural Therapies Help Stephanie Start & Grow Her Family
- Fertility Tip: How to Enhance Fertility After IUD Removal