One very effective way to reap the healing benefits of essential oils is by absorbing them through the skin. It is through the skin that the body also utilizes the benefits of Castor Oil (Ricinus communis). Given both Castor oil and essential oils are effective natural therapies for helping the body heal itself, consider combining the two!
The effects of Castor oil can be easily enhanced by adding a few drops of an essential oil to promote healing of the reproductive system and to boost your fertility naturally.
Castor oil is known for its ability to increase circulation to the reproductive organs, promote detoxification, help the body break down adhesions, boost healthy immune system function, and reduce pain and inflammation. For these reasons it is particularly useful for those trying to naturally:
- boost egg and ovarian health
- support healing of the uterus and fallopian tubes
- enhance liver, gastrointestinal, and lymphatic system function
- support breast health
“It has been said and I concur that the Castor oil hot pack (hot fomentation) is, without a doubt, the high monarch of all herbal compresses; it is the Mohammed Ali, the Florence Nightingale, the ‘32 Ford Coup, the sensual Sultan of Swat of all poultices… ~ Herbalist James Green
Essential oils also positively affect fertility in a lovely-smelling way by helping the body:
- improve endocrine function to promote hormonal balance
- lower stress levels
This link Essential Oils That Are Beneficial For Fertility will lead you to information about several essential oils like German Chamomile, Rose Otto and Clary Sage just to name a few, including libido-enhancing blends for men and women.
Two additional useful resources for choosing essential oils are:
Increasing Fertility Through the Use of Essential Oils
Video: Aromatherapy for Fertility
Castor Oil as Carrier Oil
Castor oil is a therapeutic carrier oil. A carrier oil is a base oil used to dilute essential oils with the purpose of carrying the essential oil into the skin.
To combine Castor oil with essential oils:
– add 1 oz. Castor oil to a sterilized glass jar or amber glass bottle with a tightly-fitting lid (the ideal bottle would be easy to pour from)
– add 3-5 drops of essential oil
– cap tightly and agitate to mix
The Castor oil/essential oil blend can then be used in Castor Oil Packs (using only low heat) and during your daily Self Fertility MassageTM.
Start by trying this stress-melting blend below created by Natural-Fertility-Info.com founder Hethir Rodriguez.
Hormone Balancing Blend: In a base of 1 oz. Castor Oil add
- 8 drops Geranium
- 5 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Ylang ylang
- 3 drops Patchouli
Choosing Castor oil and essential oils:
The late mystic healer Edgar Cayce popularized the use of Castor oil packs. He claimed they could benefit many different ailments, especially those that are resistant to traditional therapies. Castor oil packs have benefited many couples battling infertility. They are an easy, cost-effective way to support healing and boost vitality. The Castor oil pack’s effects can be intensified by adding the enjoyable scents of therapeutic essential oils.
- Barton-Schuster, D. (n.d.). Aromatherapy for Fertility. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/aromatherapy-fertility.html
- Green, J. (2000). The herbal medicine-maker’s handbook: A home manual. Freedom, CA: The Crossing Press.
- Rodriguez, H. (n.d.). Video: Aromatherapy for Fertility. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/video-aromatherapy-for-fertility.html
- Willett, E. (n.d.). 5 Reproductive Health Benefits of Castor Oil Packs. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/reproductive-health-benefits-castor-oil-packs.html