1. Q: I have PCOS, it is new to me. I am wondering if the Fertility Cleanse would be a good start for me. If so/if not then could you recommend a program for me to follow. Will the Fertility Cleanse get rid of PCOS?
A: Great question! The Fertility Cleanse Kit is a great way to begin healing the body and preparing it for healthy fertility. Fertility Cleansing creates a “clean slate” within the body that helps the body to respond and utilize other natural remedies better. PCOS is a difficult fertility issue to understand. It is important to realize that once diagnosed with PCOS, this condition often requires diet and lifestyle management, long-term, over the course of many years. Once diet and lifestyle management changes are in place, they will become a normal part of your routine in order to keep the PCOS at bay or to permanently resolve the issue. We find it is best to begin with a Fertility Cleanse, and then move on to a program like our PCOS Fertility Kit for a minimum of 3-6 months after that. For some women with PCOS, it may take more long-term management with natural remedies, depending on the severity of their fertility conditions.
PCOS is often accompanied by insulin resistance, which may be able to be managed through dietary changes. Not all women with PCOS have insulin resistance, so it is important to talk to your doctor about this, to be sure what your specific needs are. You can learn what we find works best for women with PCOS at our PCOS diet page.
If you would like more specific guidelines or have more detailed questions, we have great email consultations. You can learn all about our email consultations here: Natural Fertility Consultations
2. Q: I have a question about Ubiquinol (a more absorbent form of CoQ10). I know there is a small amount of CoQ10 in the Choice Antioxidants. However, I see that Ubiquinol or CoQ10 in higher daily dosages has helped improve health egg health. What
are your thoughts?
A: Regardless of the amount of CoQ10 in a product, it cannot be as effective if it does not contain vitamin E and lipoic acid. We prefer Choice Antioxidants because antioxidants work best together because they “reactivate” one another; this is more powerful than just taking one. Once an antioxidant is spent, it generally will forever be unusable, unless a ‘sister’ antioxidant is there to revive it. If you are taking a group of antioxidants then you are going to have a compounding effect of antioxidant counts. Their positive health benefits will increase and they will re-revive each other and so on. The amount of CoQ10 in Choice Antioxidants is less because the other antioxidants are present and have an even more powerful effect because of the ‘network’ (similar to herbal formulas). You can learn all about this by reading our article Antioxidants and Fertility at this link: http://natural-fertility-info.com/antioxidants-and-fertility.html
If you were going to take Ubiquinol, you would also need to make sure you were taking vitamin E and Lipoic Acid at the same time, to ensure you were getting the greatest benefit from the CoQ10.
3. Q: I am currently taking Donq Quai alone, but would also like to begin Pregnancy Prep which also contains Dong Quai. Can these be safely combined and what is the safe amount to take of Dong Quai each day?
A: Pregnancy Prep only contains 45mg of Dong Quai per 2 capsules. The suggested daily dosage for Dong Quai alone is 3120mg a day, so it is safe to combine Dong Quai along, with Pregnancy Prep as long as you do not exceed suggested daily dosage.
4. Q: Hello, I have had an absent period for 2 months and also I’m planning to have a tubal ligation removal very soon so I want to take the Fertility Cleanse but I don’t know when it is best for me to begin, before or after the surgery. Can you please advise me?
A: It may be best to wait until after the tubal ligation removal operation is over, and you are completely healed. The Fertility Cleanse contains some herbs not suggested for use 2 weeks prior to, or after surgery due to their slight blood thinning action. Listen to your body, do not begin any type of cleansing until you feel your body is ready. Surgery is hard on your body and can leave it in a weakened state. Cleansing may also be hard on the body and may be too much for it to handle so soon after a surgical procedure.
5. Q: I am 40-year-old woman. This month I am doing Fertility Cleansing + OvaWise Egg Health Kit + Fertility Massage + Castor Oil. Also, I’m taking Royal Jelly, DIM, multivitamins, selenium and folic acid. I am exercising regularly and I am eating a Fertility Diet. 6 weeks ago, I began the OvaWise Egg Health Kit and, after my last menses, I started to do Fertility Cleansing. My normal cycle is 26 days and always on time. This month I am 5 days late (that never happened in my life), pregnancy test is negative. Usually a few days before full flow I have some spotting, but not this time. Also, I noticed that this month I did not have any evidence of ovulation. I am getting pregnant, but my 2 last pregnancies were ectopic. Also, I bought from your site the Fallopian Wise Fertility Kit, but right now I totally confused what should I do next? Continue OvaWise Egg Health Kit and start Fallopian Wise Fertility Kit? Or stop all supplements? What supplements or their combinations caused a delay in my period ? I read on your website you’re suggesting to continue to take supplements, and it takes 3-6 month for them to balance the hormones. Does this mean that I will not have my period for few months? Also, I read on your website that some women who have hormonal imbalances often had their period on time after cleansing. In this case what happened to me? I feel very uncomfortable, never had late or missing period in my life. Please advise. Thank you for your time.
A: It sounds like you have a great plan set up. It is not abnormal for some women to miss a period after the Fertility Cleanse. The herbs in the Fertility Cleanse stimulate the body to dump toxins and excess hormones into the blood stream to be removed from the body via sweat, urine, feces, lymphatic system and more. Because these are temporarily recirculating in the body, all of this may cause you to experience side effects, including a missed period. This does not mean the herbs did not have a positive action within the body. I understand this may be concerning for you, but for the herbs and supplements to have the greatest action within the body, it is usually best to continue on with them. You are taking a lot of different herbs and supplements and because I am not sure why you have chosen all of these, I cannot be sure if all of them are right for your specific needs. You should not continue to miss your menstrual cycle, nor should the herbs cause you to miss ovulation.
The OvaWise Egg Health Kit products are safe to use with the FallopianWise Fertility Kit, but you may want to focus on only one kit at a time. For example, following the FallopianWise Fertility program for 4 months alone, so you can focus on healing the fallopian tubes. It may be overload for your body to be taking so many supplements at one time. It has only been one month, so it may be that your body is adjusting to everything you are doing. If you have completely overhauled your diet and lifestyle, it can be shocking to the body. These changes take time and patience. Remember consistency over time brings about the best results. We have great consultations if you feel you need more specific guidance.