[green_box align=”right” title=”Video: Benefits of Fertility Yoga”][/green_box]
Fertility Yoga may be one of the most important tools for your fertility! It aids the body in many different ways; making it a holistic practice and healing tool.
Fertility yoga uses specific body poses, breathing techniques, and guided imagery to help strengthen the reproductive organs, help the body to be in proper alignment (essential for proper positioning of the reproductive organs, especially the uterus), prepare the entire body for the hard work of carrying a baby, as well as labor and birth, supports the hormonal feedback loop, greatly helps to reduce stress, and helps you to focus on manifesting healing and getting pregnant. Fertility yoga is also beneficial for men. Through this practice you work to tone and stretch the muscles, focus breathing, and clear the mind. It is one of the best overall exercises and stress reduction techniques for both men and women! This makes it ideal as an exercise practice partners can do together.
Yoga can also be used in conjunction with a Fertility Cleanse; helping to support the cleansing and rejuvenation process in the body.
Ways Fertility Yoga is beneficial for healing and pregnancy preparation:
- “Resets” your endocrine system and balances your hormones
- May help to clear adhesions and blockages in the reproductive areas
- Increases circulation to the reproductive organs
- Supports a healthy immune system and supports the body in detoxifying
- Brings peace and vitality to your conception journey
- Creates an environment of clarity and self-exploration
We have had quite a few people write in and say that they really want to make fertility yoga a habit. There are two popular fertility-specific Yoga programs to consider:
Below is a quick guide to each individual program. One is not better than the other; they are just a little bit different and may suit a person’s unique needs in different ways. It may be that you end up using more than one of them, combining and making the fertility yoga practices individualized over time.
Restoring Fertility – Yoga for Optimal Fertility
This revolutionary yoga series was developed by reproductive medicine specialists who have helped thousands of women become pregnant. The four sets in these DVDs have been uniquely designed, integrating yoga poses with acupuncture channels, to optimize each of the four phases of the reproductive cycle (menstrual, follicular, ovulatory, and luteal phases). The result is a powerful tool to optimize and restore your fertility. This series comes highly recommended by prominent gynecologists and fertility specialists.
“This is a revolutionary approach in fertility support based on a thorough understanding of reproductive medicine … these sets should be considered as a part of any fertility treatment.” – Dr. Rudy Quintero, MD (FACOG), Medical Director of California’s Advanced Reproductive Endocrinology
This two disk set shares when to use each yoga set and instructs you through several poses.
- Menstrual phase – Start of Menses (Day 1) – End of Menses
- Follicular phase – Day after end of menses – Day 9
- Ovulatory phase – Day 10 – Day 14
- Luteal phase – Day 15 up to Day 1
The Fertility Yoga Program – eBook
This eBook was created by our lovely founder: Hethir Rodriguez! This is a great tool for those of you who are looking to have a great fertility yoga practice, but like to go at your own pace, mix up the poses and practice a bit, don’t have time to watch a DVD, or are on a budget! This is also a wonderful choice for women and men who would like to do some quick poses at work during a work or lunch break!!! This eBook has easy step-by-step instructions on each pose alongside beautiful images of how to do each pose. This practice also features inspiring quotes to set your mood in a positive direction.
This practice focuses on…
- Yoga Overview: Provides a great quick guide on the benefits of a daily Fertility Yoga practice, tips on getting started, and tools to begin.
- Poses: The main focus of this Fertility Yoga program is on the poses. Because it is a still format, you can take as much time with each pose as you would like. This helps you to get to know and practice each pose at your own pace. It also allows you to make up your own practice as you would like once you become familiar with each pose.
- Inspirational Quotes: To help you stay positive and hopeful on your fertility journey!
- Quick Reference Guide: At the end of the eBook is an entire page of all the poses. This is great once you have the practice down. You can scroll to this page and all the poses are there for you to follow easily! Click here to learn more about this yoga eBook…
Beginning a Fertility Yoga Practice
As with any new exercise program it can be difficult to get into a routine. It can be a bit straining on your body and time management skills. As we all know, diet and exercise are the foundation for good health. So, learning a new exercise practice may seem tough at first, but if you are consistent with it, you will see huge changes in your health over time. Remember to get 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 times a week. Fertility Yoga is one of the best ways to support reproductive health, reduce stress in your life, and prepare for pregnancy. Do not be hard on yourself if your poses are not identical to the instructor’s. Over time and with practice, your strength, flexibility, and balance will improve dramatically! It may be best to begin this practice at your own pace. Begin by doing Fertility Yoga 2-3 times a week, increase to 5 times a week if you would like.
Please let us know if you already use fertility yoga for your natural fertility healing program! Do you have tips for others who are interested? Please share your thoughts, tips for a great practice, and what makes you love fertility yoga!