Exercise is necessary for overall health and vitality, emotional well-being, stress management and reproductive wellness. No matter one’s fertility-health status, we each need to be engaged in moderate-intensity exercise 30 minutes a day, at s minimum of five times a week. Understanding the right amount of exercise for optimal fertility is important as you choose which exercises to participate in on your fertility journey. Because we want you to feel empowered to naturally support your fertility health and be able to do so in the comfort of your own home, we thought you might like to know about the Aviva Method exercises.
What is the Aviva Method?
The Aviva Method hormonal balance exercise program was developed by Aviva Gabriella Steiner, ballet dancer and physical education teacher. It “is a sequence of 18 dynamic exercise movements that stimulate and strengthen the inner and outer muscles of the lower abdominal area and increase blood flow to all reproductive organs. By practicing the exercises on a regular basis those organs receive a more steady supply of blood, increased amount of hormones, nutrients and oxygen. This stimulation, strengthening and nourishment of the muscles and organs of the pelvic region results in healing of various gynecological problems, naturally balanced hormones and reproductive health.”
The exercises/movements are known to stimulate the glands of the endocrine system by:
- increasing blood flow to the organs of the lower abdomen/pelvic bowl.
- implementing reflexology (all body systems and reproductive organs are believed to be stimulated by gentle massage of points on the feet).
- improving hormonal communication throughout the body.
Who is the Aviva Method for? Both men and women.
Fertility Benefits of the Aviva Method for Women can include:
- supporting the return to a regular menstrual cycle if the cycle has been short or long, painful or heavy, irregular or absent.
- helping to overcome weight problems caused by hormonal imbalance.
- boosting healthy circulation to the uterus and ovaries, which may be beneficial as a part of a natural fertility program for those with endometriosis in the early stages and uterine fibroids, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or ovarian cysts, or any fertility health issue known to compromise healthy circulation and cause stagnation.
Fertility Benefits of the Aviva Method for Men include:
- improved sexual desire and libido.
- increased circulation to the reproductive organs for improved erectile function.
- prostate health support.
How to practice the Aviva Method Exercises
There are online private or group classes in New York City and surrounding areas. Instructors also reside in 20+ countries around the World. If there isn’t an instructor where you live, one can attend live-streamed classes online, or in the comfort of your own home with Aviva Method Workbooks. Learn more at https://aviva-method.com/…
Take a daily brisk walk or leisurely bike ride, join a Zumba or Pilates class, try Fertility Yoga, learn Nicole Brodie’s Fit & Fabulous Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Program and consider learning the Aviva Method exercises. It’s okay to switch up your exercise routine to keep it feeling new and fun. What’s most important is that you move daily and enjoy what you choose to do!
- Aviva Method Exercises (n.d.) Retrieved from: https://aviva-method.com/