A man’s fertility depends to a great extent on his overall health and nutrition. Research published in Human Reproduction in 2012 showed that a poor diet with high intake of red and processed meat, refined grains, pizza, energy drinks, and sweets decreases male fertility. A healthier, whole foods diet with high intake of fish, chicken, fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains was associated with increased fertility in men.
Other studies show deficiencies of vitamins C and E, and folic acid are linked to male infertility. Minerals like zinc impact a man’s fertility; low zinc levels can lower sperm count and create sperm abnormalities. Low levels of protective antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables are another problem because sperm are very sensitive to oxidative damage. It’s clear proper nutrition plays a vital role in male reproductive health.
The Best Green Superfoods for Male Fertility
Green superfood drinks are an excellent choice to shore up a man’s nutrition; they are loaded with antioxidants and bioavailable nutrients. Energy Green Renewal drink mix is full of chlorophyll rich superfoods, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, and vegetarian protein. A green superfood drink like this is a great choice for men whose diets are low in fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Green superfoods are really the herbal equivalent of a multivitamin/mineral, and they are safe yet gentle enough to use daily. Energy Green Renewal nutrients are rapidly delivered to all the body systems for an energy boost that you can feel right away. It offers a natural pick me up for a man’s energy without caffeine or artificial stimulants. Further, Energy Green Renewal only uses protein from green plants like barley grass, spirulina, and rice so it’s a good choice for people with dairy or soy sensitivities, too.
Couples facing fertility issues can do so much to change their health by cleaning up their diets, adding more fresh fruits and vegetables, and supplementing with revitalizing green superfoods.
– “Folic acid, Zinc Supplements May Help Men with Fertility Problems,” WebMD, March 20, 2002
– Gaskins AJ, Colaci DS, Mendiola J, Swan SH, Chavarro JE. Dietary patterns and semen quality in young men. Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(10):2899-2907.
– Sinclair S. Male infertility: nutritional and environmental considerations. Altern Med Rev. 2000;5(1):28-3
– Jorge E. Chavarro, MD, ScD et al. Trans fatty acid levels in sperm are associated with sperm concentration among men from an infertility clinic. Fertil Steril. 2011 Apr; 95(5): 1794–1797.
- Fertility Recipe: Immune Tonic Soup
- Success Story: With Focus on Preconception Health, Kara Conceives Her 8th Child
- Fertility Q&A: Can I use whey protein powder if I have PCOS?
- Video: Fertility Tips – Healthy Digestion for Fertility
- Fertility Q&A: Why Do Women Flock To Chocolate During Their Period?