Your site is amazing.
I was wondering…I already take MACA, and I noticed the fertility kit contains Vitex. I was wondering if Vitex and Maca counteract each other, as they both balance hormones. I was told not to take 2 adaptogen herbs together, but it seems that you can according to your site. What is the recommended dosage for taking MACA and Vitex?
Thank you so very much for your time,
My thoughts on Maca is that first and foremost it is a food. It is eaten in Peru as a staple, not “supplemented” so adaptogen yes, but first it’s a food. So usually 1T. a day is recommended but some maca products are condensed so read the label. Vitex and Maca do not counteract each other, but compliment. Every herbalist is different in how they use herbs, see what your body says to you. With vitex, tincture or capsules are the best. Suggested usage is generally 60-90 drops 1x a day.
- Success Story: Milissa Focuses on Natural Ways to Prevent Another Miscarriage & Conceives
- Fertility Health: Clearing Up Confusion About Turmeric As Birth Control
- Video: Fertility Q&A – Low Progesterone, Miscarriage & Egg Health
- Success Story: Lindsay Refused to Admit Defeat and Conceived Naturally!
- Fertility Herb Guide: Estrogen Balance