Do you ever think about how your beliefs attract to you what you desire?
Have you been trying to get pregnant with no known reason as to why it hasn’t happened? Have you been battling a fertility health issue with all of the tools you can find but still deal with a certain symptom, or the issue has yet to go away? If so, it may be time to check in with your beliefs.
Natural therapies and the idea that the mind has a powerful influence on health are no strangers to controversy. We see, however that both are becoming more and more accepted as valid elements of many health programs, especially the programs of couples battling infertility.
For some couples, allopathic medicine has failed to find a reason why they are not able to conceive. Their fertility treatments didn’t result in the desired outcome, have failed, or have become too expensive to even entertain the idea of trying. They begin seeking natural ways to support the body, so they can reach their fertility goals. Thankfully, they find us.
When they find us, many still ask the question, “Does this really work?” I often have a hard time answering this question because I know I can’t just reply, “Yes! If you believe it will!” However, this answer is the truth!
Herbs, nutritional supplements, and natural therapies do work if you set yourself up for success. You do this by committing to using them, making dietary and lifestyle changes, and choosing the best ones for your needs. This is especially true IF all the while you believe that…
- they have the ability to help your body heal and be balanced
- your body is responding to their benefits
- you deserve to heal and be balanced
- you are fertile
“What beliefs we hold about our body, our fertility, and about becoming a mother may have an impact on becoming pregnant.” ~ Hethir Rodriguez
While I want you to trust me and take my word for it, it may help to hear it from our customers and clients who have shared their fertility success stories. A common theme resonates through each story – each person had faith in themselves and the ability of their bodies to be healthy. They believed in their natural fertility programs and that they deserved to achieve their goals.
So, what is belief?
Beliefs are things – ideas, truths – each of us chooses personally, based our individual perceptions, what we are taught, and our life experiences. As defined by Merriam-Webster:
Noun | be·lief | \bə-ˈlēf\
: a feeling of being sure that someone or something exists or that something is true
: a feeling that something is good, right, or valuable
: a feeling of trust in the worth or ability of someone
The human ability to form beliefs that shape our reality is thought to be the one human super power. “If your beliefs are in fact that powerful — that they will literally dictate your reality — then it is worth the time to reconcile the reality you desire with the beliefs you hold and then foster the development of your belief in the reality you want.” ~Inspired Abundance
Are your beliefs dictating your fertility reality?
Answering this question may take some quiet time for reflection. Grab a pencil and your fertility journal to help record your reflections. This will help you transform beliefs you learn are no longer serving you.
Ask yourself these questions and jot down your answers (more than just a yes or no). Start each answer by thinking or writing, “I believe…” and then fill in your answer.
- Do you believe your body can heal?
- Do you believe your body is fertile?
- Do you believe the herbs, supplements, natural therapies, diet you eat, daily exercise, and stress-reduction techniques you are using are all helping your body?
- Do you believe you are loved?
- Do you believe you deserve to be a mother (or father) – a parent?
- Do you believe you have the power to change your reality?
- Do you believe you will overcome your infertility?
- Do you believe you will rid yourself of your fertility health issue?
- Do you believe you deserve to achieve your goals?
Now, think about where each answer, each belief, comes from. Can you pinpoint the first time you thought about this belief or heard someone mention something like it to you?
Next, do you agree with this belief? Do you think this belief serves you and your fertility goals? If you have found some beliefs that no longer serve you, now is the time to transform each of those beliefs into a truth that will serve you. There are many Mind and Body Therapies for Fertility to consider trying, although one very helpful way to transform beliefs is to create positive affirmations.
The art of creating positive affirmations will help you change your thoughts and self-talk to benefit, empower, and heal your fertility. We offer two wonderful resources to teach yourself to create affirmations, our guides to:
“Without you even necessarily being conscious of them, your beliefs tend to govern what you do, what you aim for, and how you feel about yourself and your possibilities.” ~ Inspired Abundance
If you believe the support you are offering your body, mind and spirit is effective, and if it makes you feel physically/emotionally/psychologically better, then it’s working! I believe you can see each change – big and small – your body is making to heal. I believe you will reach your fertility-health goals! I believe your time is now!
Moving forward, think about the areas of your life in which you see evidence of the power of your beliefs. We would love to hear stories of how your beliefs have led you through your fertility journey! You are welcome to share them in the comments section below.
- Believe: Simple definition of believe. (n.d.). Retrieved from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believe
- Rodriguez, H. (n.d.). Your Subconscious Fertility. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/your-subconscious-fertility.html
- Wojnowski, W., & M. (n.d.). Belief – How to Attract Abundance And Success – Inspired Abundance. Retrieved from: http://www.inspiredabundance.com/?s=belief#sthash.2So0OjOO.dpbs
- Warner, E. (1983). The role of belief in healing. Retrieved from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874874/pdf/canmedaj01390-0061.aspdf