Mind body therapies are an excellent choice to support getting pregnant while addressing PCOS. Many women with PCOS feel bombarded with diet and lifestyle changes and restrictions. They often find it hard to stay positive and deal with the anxiety, depression or negative self-talk associated with this fertility health issue. A lot of women we talk to simply need a break from tests, procedures and the stress impacting their fertility and menstrual cycle health.
Mind body therapies allow you to take a moment to slow down and do something positive for yourself, something to help relieve stress and balance your hormones. Every day, through visualizations, you can learn to harness your ability to communicate with your body in a healthy way.
The mind is one of your most powerful tools on your fertility journey. Positive visualizations can address the symptoms of PCOS and help to normalize hormones. They support normal blood pressure and heart rate and encourage a more normal menstrual cycle. Engaging a healthy mind-body connection also effectively relieves mild anxiety or depression related to PCOS and infertility.
The Importance of Daily Stress Management for PCOS
Many women with PCOS are under a lot of stress. Fertility concerns, hirsutism, long or short cycles, or being told they may never get pregnant can take its toll. Further, women with PCOS also produce higher levels of stress hormones like cortisol and have difficulty metabolizing them.
Stress worsens insulin resistance for women with PCOS and can increase fat storage in the body, escalating the cycle. In addition, high stress can increase cravings for foods like sweets or baked goods, which further aggravates hormone (especially androgen) imbalance.
Why Choose Positive Visualization for PCOS?
Believe it: Positive visualization can generate real, physical changes in your body. Visualizations offer direct support for a PCOS-related fertility health issues in many different ways. Positive visualizations can:
- help encourage a healthy cellular response to the insulin the body naturally produces.
- reduce stress reactions, food cravings and help alleviate mild anxiety and depression.
- work to encourage a normal menstrual cycle with regular ovulation.
- help relieve PMS symptoms, enhance immune response, and ease pain.
Circle+Bloom PCOS for Fertility mind-body program focuses on deep relaxation and provides a physical visualization and emotional exercise to increase cellular health and your feelings of control as you work to become pregnant.
Visualize a Healthy, Fertile You!
Carve some time out for you on your fertility journey and use visualizations to support your mind-body health. Positive visualizations can be used at any time when you have a few minutes to be seated, quiet and calm. It only takes 15 minutes a day, each day of your cycle to make a positive difference in your health using visualizations.
A positive visualization program can help you to feel in greater control of your body, health and well-being while working on getting pregnant with PCOS. The Circle+Bloom programs are doctor-recommended and designed specifically for women who are trying to conceive and dealing with fertility challenges like PCOS.
- Rodriguez, H. (n.d.). Mind Body Therapies For Fertility. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/mind-and-body-therapies-for-fertility.html
- Willett, E. (n.d.). Top Ten Mind Body Therapies For Fertility. Retrieved from: http://natural-fertility-info.com/top-10-mind-and-body-therapies.html
- Nielson, R. (n.d). 7 Ways To Lower Stress with PCOS. Retrieved from: https://www.healthstatus.com/health_blog/pcos/7-ways-to-lower-stress-with-pcos/
- PCOS for Fertility Mind-Body Program. (n.d.). Retrieved from: http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CBPCOS