Sometimes, the biggest gift for fertility health comes in a small package. This is definitely the case for Royal Jelly. There’s so much Royal Jelly can do for you on your fertility journey! Further, it’s well tolerated and can be taken regularly over a long period of time if needed. Here are five important reasons to consider adding Royal Jelly to your natural fertility program…
1. Royal Jelly is a nutritional powerhouse. It’s exceptionally high in protein (accounting for 50% of its dry weight), offers abundant B vitamins like folic acid, and is a good source of minerals like iron, potassium, calcium, and silica. For people who struggle to get enough nutrition in their diet, taking Royal Jelly can help them get closer to their goals with less stress.
2. Royal Jelly is an anti-aging superfood. Premature aging due to poor diet, exposure to chemicals, and low immunity can weaken fertility health. Royal Jelly offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which help to prevent free radicals (unstable molecules) from damaging the cells in your reproductive system. Royal Jelly is also known to boost collagen production for healthy, glowing skin and normal tissue development.
3. Royal Jelly revitalizes the adrenal glands. So many of our clients come to us with exhausted adrenals from high stress. Royal jelly contains a unique fatty acid – 10-hydroxy-trans-2-decenoic acid – that, that according to a 2012 Japanese study in the journal Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, may help protect against stress-induced anxiety.
Addressing a fertility challenge can be stressful! You can counteract the negative effects of stress by strengthening your adrenal glands. Royal Jelly is an excellent source of B vitamins, especially B-5 (pantothenic acid), which naturally fight adrenal stress and fatigue.
4. Royal Jelly contains phytoestrogens for fertility. Phytoestrogens in Royal Jelly give the body a gentle boost without the risks caused by hormone replacement drugs. Phytoestrogens interact with the body in a healthy way, giving the body a mild boost if needed or helping to clear excess estrogen by competing for hormone receptor sites. Research shows Royal Jelly can block the activity of harmful xenoestrogens like BPA (bisphenol A) in plastics. BPA is not only linked to hormone-driven breast cancer, it’s also linked to poor egg quality.
5. Royal Jelly improves male fertility. We tend to think of Royal Jelly as a fertility superfood for women, but it can also help men. An animal study reported in the Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine finds Royal Jelly enhances male fertility. Improvements were seen in sperm count, motility, viability, maturity, and DNA integrity with Royal Jelly treatments.
Good for the Queen Bee, Good for Your Fertility!
Royal Jelly can be taken in a few ways and works well used as directed:
- in a softgel, such as Royal Jelly
- added to smoothies in a paste with bee pollen and propolis, Active Bee Power combines all three
Most people notice an improvement in skin, energy, and libido after using Royal Jelly for 1-3 months. Be assured Royal Jelly works at a deep body level to promote your natural fertility while strengthening daily nutrition.
Important: Bee products like Royal Jelly should be avoided if you have an allergy to bees.
- 8 Wonderful Benefits of Royal Jelly. (2027). Organic Facts. Retrieved from: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/royal-jelly.html
- Page, L. & Abernathy, S. (2011). Healthy Healing 14th Edition. California: Healthy Healing.
- Royal Jelly. (2017). WebMd. Retrieved from: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-503-royal%20jelly.aspx?activeingredientid=503
- Ito, S., Nitta, Y., Fukumitsu, H., Soumiya, H., Ikeno, K., Nakamura, T., & Furukawa, S. (2012). Antidepressant-like activity of 10-hydroxy-trans-2-decenoic Acid, a unique unsaturated Fatty Acid of royal jelly, in stress-inducible depression-like mouse model. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2012, 139140. doi:10.1155/2012/139140. Retrieved from https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2012/139140/
- Zahmatkesh E, Najafi G, Nejati V, Heidari R. (2014, Jan.). Protective effect of Royal Jelly on the sperm parameters and testosterone level and lipid peroxidation in adult mice treated with oxymetholone. Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicines; 4(1):43-52. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103725/