In this video, Natural Fertility Specialist, Hethir Rodriguez will talk about how to get started on the Fertility Diet. When it comes to boosting your fertility naturally one of the most important things to do is build a healthy foundation which the rest of your program can work upon. This video was shared live. Download the Instagram app to see our live broadcasts.
Statistics about the Standard American Diet from the book How Not To Die by Michael Greger, M.D.:
- “Three out of four Americans are not eating one piece of fruit every single day.”
- “Nine out of ten do not meet the minimum daily intake of vegetables.”
- “96% are not eating the minimum of beans or greens for the week (3 servings).”
- “98% are not eating orange vegetables (2 servings per week – squash, bell peppers, carrots).”
- “99% do not reach the minimum of whole grains per week which is 3-4 ounces per day.”
I was shocked by these statistics, but this is the reality for some people. When you’re picking a meal, ask yourself, how can I make this healthier? What is one ingredient I could add? For example:
- add hemp seeds to this salad
- include an additional vegetable to your meal, like a carrot, or sweet potato or greens (really any!)
How to not feel overwhelmed?
- Pick one area to work on at a time! Fertility Smoothies are easy and nutrient packed. You do not have to cook anything!
- Try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. We need fiber. Fiber gets rid of excess hormones and cleanses the blood. Fruits and veggies give us many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (think egg health).
- Make a game out of it. Choose whatever is the healthiest choice in the moment. If you only have frozen vegetables on hand, that is better than no veggies at all.
- Sign up for the 21 Day Fertility Diet Challenge or The 10 Day Fertility Smoothie Challenge at NFI.com.
Watch The Introduction to the 21 Day Fertility Diet Challenge
- Learn how to transition to a natural fertility diet by focusing on the important 5
- Get all the details on how to use nutrition as a tool for hormonal health, cell protection and fertility wellness
- An effective tool to help your tastebuds transition towards healthier foods
- Learn which foods are most important for fertility and how to regularly eat them
Links to additional information and inspiration:
The Natural Fertility Diet: How to Eat for Optimal Fertility
The Male Fertility Diet
The Fertile Dozen: 12 Fertility Boosting Foods
Fertility Diet Tip – 5 Ways to Eat More Fresh Fruits and Veggies Daily
Top 5 Reasons to Start Making Fertility Smoothies Today!