[green_box title=”Make a Mood Mending Smoothie & Tea With Me” ][/green_box]
In this video originally shared live, Senior Fertility Herbalist Elizabeth Willett makes a mood-mending smoothie and tea. Download the Instagram App to watch our live broadcasts!
We often talk about the mind-body connection in relation to fertility and for good reason – stress can have a negative impact on our fertility. Stress, negative thoughts, overstimulation and a busy schedule can leave you with no time to take care of yourself. Even trying to conceive can be stressful! Fortunately there are many tools to help you get stress under control and today I’d like to share with you a Mood-Mending Smoothie and tea created by my colleague Dalene Barton.
Beverages can be just as helpful as other mind and body practices. You are going to love these mood-mending, stress-combating drink! For descriptions of the fertility-health benefits they offer, see our article Combat Fertility Stress with These Mood Mending Smoothie & Tea Recipes.
Mood Mender Smoothie
Makes 1 large smoothie
- 1/2 cup organic plain whole fat yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup organic frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup each frozen blueberries and raspberries
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid Calcium with Magnesium, Zinc and Vit. D3 (optional)
- 15 drops Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) or Kava Kava (Piper methysticum) tincture
- One capsules of Fertilica Evening Primrose OilTM (You can poke a hole in one end and squeeze all the oil out into the blender with the other ingredients)
Blend together and enjoy!
Fortify this smoothie with fertility superfoods like those in the Fertility Smoothie Kit if you’d like.
Creamy Lavender and Chamomile Relaxer (tea)
Makes one large cup of tea
- 1 tsp. Chamomile flowers (Matricaria recutita)
- ½ tsp of Lavender flowers (Lavandula officinalis)
- A pinch of Lemon Balm* (Melissa officinalis) or Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
- Cream to taste, such as coconut milk cream, or organic raw half and half
- A hint of honey or agave
Place all the herbs in a tea ball, or right into the cup (can easily be strained off). Once your water comes to a boil, take off of high heat, let the boiling subside, then pour over the herbs. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Remove herbs, add honey and cream, enjoy!
*Lemon balm is best avoided by those with hypothyroidism.
If Fertility Smoothies and teas are a pleasurable, easy part of your fertility journey, join us on The 10 Day Fertility Smoothie Challenge. The recipe above could extend it to 11 days! 🙂 You may enjoy these Nutritive Herbal Teas For Preconception Through Pregnancy as well!