Do you want to learn how to boost your fertility naturally? There is an easy way to do just that! One of the top 10 natural fertility boosters is the easy-to-make Fertility Smoothie. Whether you are just beginning to learn about the Fertility Diet or you’ve eaten a healthy, whole food diet for years, consider making a Fertility Smoothie part of your daily routine. They are a fun, delicious way to consume a huge amount of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, omegas, and fiber, in an easy to digest form.
What Makes a Smoothie a “Fertility Smoothie”?
The bulk of a smoothie should come from raw, fresh whole fruits and vegetables (frozen is okay too) with a nutritious liquid added to them to achieve the perfect consistency. To turn your smoothie into a fertility smoothie, add superfoods known to boost fertility, along with protein and healthy fats to make the smoothie a balanced “meal”.
Top 5 Ingredients to Create a Fertility Smoothie
There are five ingredients that can turn your typical smoothie into a fertility boosting powerhouse by increasing the nutritional value.
1. Fruits & Vegetables: Because they are packed with vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and fiber, fruits and veggies are essential to healthy fertility. Any raw fruit would do! Popular fruits are berries, mangoes, peaches, apricots, pineapples and bananas. As for vegetables, add a big handful of dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, or try adding pureed carrot, sweet potato, or squash.
Another way to “eat your veggies” could be through just two teaspoons of FertiliGreens. FertiliGreens is a mixture of dried powdered leafy greens, wheat grass, spirulina, barley grass, with the added bonus of nourishing herbs.
2. Nourishing Liquids: Some liquid, about 1 cup, is necessary to make a smoothie the perfect consistency. Try fresh squeezed orange juice (cut an orange in half and squeeze each half into the blender – no fancy juicer required), coconut water, or a nut milk such as almond or cashew, even hemp, oat or flax milk are good choices.
3. Protein: Men need to consume 52 grams of protein daily and women need at least 46 grams of protein every day, a number that increases greatly for women in pregnancy (80-90 grams a day). Protein added to a fertility smoothie can support balanced blood sugar levels and sustained energy levels. Great sources of protein are whey, nut and seed butters, and spirulina.
The blue-green algae spirulina is considered the highest quality plant protein available. It also provides a number of vitamins and minerals.
FertiliWhey Protein Powder is another excellent choice because it is derived from grass-fed cow’s milk, and is minimally processed. This means the whey in FertiliWhey maintains the full range of fragile immune-modulating components naturally found in fresh, raw milk. Just one scoop contains 16 grams of protein, helping you to meet your daily protein requirements.
4. Good Fats & Omega 3’s: Healthy fats support proper immune system function and a healthy inflammation response. Fat is also essential in helping the body manufacture hormones. Try canned organic coconut milk (full fat) or unrefined organic coconut oil, avocado, organic raw full fat dairy (milk, yogurt, kefir) and hemp, chia, or flax seeds.
- Fertility Boosting Facts: Hemp, Chia and Flax seeds are excellent sources of fiber, protein and maybe most importantly omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s help the body regulate hormones and inflammatory response, increase cervical mucous production, promote ovulation and increase circulation to the reproductive organs.
5. Fertility Superfoods: Natural Fertility Company Founder, Hethir Rodriguez, writes, “Superfoods should be a part of every couple’s fertility diet to help bridge the gap for proper nutrition, nourish the egg and the sperm, and help to balance hormones. An easy way to get fertility superfoods into your diet daily is to drink fertility smoothies.”
Our favorite Fertility Superfoods:
- Maca contains a variety of micronutrients. It is considered foundational for improving hormonal balance, energy levels, and libido. It is also extremely useful for those experiencing high stress levels.
- Royal Jelly has a superior nutrition profile containing amino acids, lipids, vitamins, sugars, proteins, fatty acids, iron, calcium and Acetylcholine (which transmits nerve impulses from cell to cell). It is beneficial for men and women with a hormonal imbalance of any kind. Because of its high nutritional content we use it as part of our protocol to improve sperm and egg health, and to encourage healthy endocrine and immune system function.
- Wheatgrass is one of 5 Fertility Superfoods You Should Know About because it aids the body’s natural detoxification processes and purifies the blood.
Fertility Smoothies – what better way to prepare for a healthy pregnancy? This is one fast fertility food you won’t get sick of and you will actually end up craving.
Join The 10 Day Fertility Smoothie Challenge as a way to get started today!
– Barton-Schuster, D. (n.d.). 5 Fertility Superfoods You Should Know About. Retrieved October 11, 2015, from http://natural-fertility-info.com/5-fertility-superfoods.html
– Barton-Schuster, D. (n.d.). Fertilica product trainings.
– Rodriguez, H. (n.d.). The Natural Fertility Diet: How to Eat for Optimal Fertility. Retrieved October 11, 2015, from http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-diet