Fertility Herbs are a great way to bring about healthy healing and change in the body. There are some common misconceptions about fertility herbs though. I hope that this article will help to clear those up and teach you to learn how to make smart choices when choosing herbs for fertility.
Herbs can be utilized to prepare for pregnancy, a tool for healing fertility issues, strengthening the uterus, fighting infection, balancing hormones and as nourishing foods. We love Fertility Herbs because they work with our bodies to bring about positive changes withing the body. They are more gentle than medications, but yet they are very effective. When used properly and when combined with permanent lifestyle changes such as good diet and exercise habits, they can provide long-term healing. Over time we can learn to incorporate herbs in to our lives regularly, so they become part of our daily practices.
If you are someone who is interested in herbs for fertility, but you have never tried taking herbs for anything, then perhaps you would like to know how they are different from the medications your doctor may be suggesting for you.
How are Herbs for Fertility Different From Medications for Fertility?
- Most herbs for fertility do not contain any hormones. Many fertility medications contain synthetic hormones. Depending on what your fertility issues are, the medications may not have any hormonal action at all, but for example Metformin for PCOS helps to control insulin resistance.
- Herbs are natural, they are plant parts. Medications are made in a lab.
- Herbs take time to be effective, they rely on consistency of use over a long period of time. Most medications have an effect that can be felt right away, or within days of use.
- Herbs are more effective when healthy diet and exercise are in place. Medications will work whether you eat well or not. (This is not necessarily a good thing!)
- Herbs work with the body to bring about healthy body systems. They gently support the body to work properly on its own over time. Medications have a specific direct action on the body; telling or forcing a certain action on the body. Many times the body will become confused when coming off of medications, this is especially true for medications that contain hormones. The body may not remember right away how to function on its own without the hormones being given to it.
- Herbs contain vital nutrients that our bodies require to function at their best. Medications do not.
- Most herbs contain little to no harmful side effects. Medications often come with a long list of side effects.
Important Note: Because fertility herbs can have an action on the systems in the body that produce and regulate hormones, they should not be combined with medications for fertility.
Fertility Herb Misconceptions
Misconceptions About Fertility Herbs
Common Fertility Herb Misconceptions Q&A
Q: When I am done taking this bottle of vitex and doing the Fertility Cleanse will my PCOS be cured?
A: More than likely no. PCOS covers a wide variety of symptoms and issues. PCOS is not very well understood and in most cases permanent diet, exercise and lifestyle changes need to be in place to bring about real results. This fertility issue requires long-term management. While the Fertility Cleanse Kit and vitex may be a great place to begin, there are many other bases that may need to be covered when working to manage PCOS.
This answer applies to more than just PCOS, this pertains to any type of our fertility programs or fertility herbs for any of the fertility conditions that you may be interested in healing.
Q: How long does it take to become pregnant after doing the Fertility Cleanse?
A: Each couple comes with their own unique fertility challenges. There is no one right answer here, it is impossible to know for sure. Some couples get pregnant right away, while other use the herbs in the Fertility Cleanse as their first step in their natural fertility healing process.
Q: Do I really have to take herbs for a minimum of 3-6 months for them to be effective?
A: Each fertility herb or fertility herb blend will have different suggested guidelines for duration of use. It is always best to follow the suggested guidelines for use of that particular herb or herbal blend. If you only use the herb for one month, you cannot expect results. While some people may experience results right away, it is still best to continue on with the herbs for the suggested amount of time to bring about best results.
Q: If I take more than the suggested dosage of my fertility herbs will I get see better and quicker results?
A: Never exceed suggested dosage for an herb. This could be dangerous and make you sick. You will not achieve better or quicker results by doing this.
Wondering Where to Begin When Choosing Herbs for Fertility?
If you are interested in herbs for fertility do research and make a plan first. A good place to begin would be to look at your goals, your budget, your fertility challenges, your hopes, and your dreams, write them all down. Lay them out in front of you, take time to put them in perspective. How long are you willing to commit to healing your body? Are the choices you make daily, your dietary intake, your exercise habits, your stress levels, are these helping or hindering your fertility? How long have you been trying to have a baby? Answers to these questions will help guide you to the best herbs and natural remedies for your situation. If you are stumped or unsure about which herbs may be best for you, we do offer consultations to help educate and guide you to the best natural remedies for your particular situation. We also have a Fertility Herbs Guide you may want to look over. Under the menu bar on the left hand side of Natural Fertility Info.com, there is a Fertility Solutions section, you can click on your fertility issue. This will take you to a page full of the best natural remedies for that fertility issue, which will include herbs that we find most effective for that issue.
- Fertility Herb Guide: Absent Period & Lack Of Menstruation
- Fertility Recipe: Immune Tonic Soup
- Success Story: With Focus on Preconception Health, Kara Conceives Her 8th Child
- Fertility Q&A: Can I use whey protein powder if I have PCOS?
- Success Story: Natural Therapies Help Stephanie Start & Grow Her Family